Ladybugsfitness can offer a variety of Holistic Therapies to help aid your pregnancy and postnatal recovery. Our Holistic Therapist Sadie, is able to offer safe treatments to pregnant women and trained specifically in Massage for Pregnancy. Treatments include:
- Massage (for relaxation and stress relief)
- Pregnancy Massage
- Stone Therapy (Hot and Cold Stone Massage & added to other therapies)
- Holistic Facials using Neal’s Yard Organic’s Products
- Thai Foot Massage
- Hopi Ear Candles
- Reiki Healing
During pregnancy, the body undergoes many changes. Muscles and ligaments stretch and cause discomfort. Massage can help to alleviate some of this in a lovely, natural way.
Women are always being encouraged to relax and rest during pregnancy, but are rarely informed on how to do this specifically. A soothing massage is a much better option than sitting in front of the television. Most experts would agree that relaxation has positive effects for mother and baby, and may increase the chance of a positive birth experience.
Using certain techniques, avoiding certain areas and ensuring the mother-to-be is in the right position for massage without putting pressure on the lower back or uterus, the massage can help you to relax and aid any aching muscles.
Massage releases endorphins, which give us that ‘feel good’ factor benefiting both Mother and Baby.
Potential benefits include:
- Relief from muscle aches and joint pain
- Reduction of swelling in legs, feet and hands
- May help to relieve sciatic pain by helping to reduce inflammation of nerves and ensuing muscle tension
- May help to tone muscles and maintain flexibility
- May strengthen the immune system
- Eases Mothers stress, helping to maintain a calmer pregnancy
- Can promote better sleep through deep relaxation
Pregnancy Massage incorporates a light massage of the legs, massage of the arms and massage of the whole of the back, neck and shoulders. The massage is usually performed whilst the mother-to-be is on her side; fully supported by pillows and blankets to ensure comfort, warmth, discretion and security. Massage can also be performed in sitting if this is preferred as the clients comfort is always of utmost importance. The scalp can also be included in the treatment.
Reiki can also be safely given during pregnancy. Although a Reiki Practitioner does not necessarily need to be specifically trained for treating someone who is pregnant, it is important that the practitioner is aware of the positions a pregnant client is likely to be most comfortable in, ensuring no undue pressure on the clients lower back or uterus.
For more information on all Holistic Therapies please visit Pure Escape Holistic Therapies